Monday 7 October 2013

Pusha T - My Name Is My Name (Album Review)

Pusha T has been around for over 2 decades and is finally about to drop his debut album "My Name Is My Name" (8th October 2013). Pusha may be better known for being part of hip-hop duo Clipse with his brother Gene "No Malice" Thornton. The album is feature heavy with Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross, Pharrell and more (even Hudson Mohawke produce a track)

The new album title is a hat tip to Marlo Stanfield from the critically acclaimed series "The Wire". In an interview on the topic of the album title explained about Marlo's catch phrase "He was just basically saying, 'I am who I am. This is what I got. I stand on my name. I live this,'" he explained. "And if you know anything about his character, he's young, brash, amongst a lot of heavyweights. But he didn't care about any of the past or history. He was like, 'Man, I'm out here to get my money at all costs. No rules, no regulations. I'm here to compete.' I just felt like that really embodied my presence in the Rap game."

We've picked some of our favourite tracks below (We already already featured Nose Taglia here)
One we featured back in September is our top pick from MNIMN
 
The last track on the album is definitely one of the best tracks. "Sorry Nigga I'm Trying to Come Home" features Pharrell an is an instant classic. "The acronym for that is S.N.I.T.C.H. I personally don't really want to hear anymore one-dimensional street raps. This is probably the most poignant record on my album. It's the realest record," Pusha declared. (via HHDX)
 
"40 Acres" is just an introspective view according to Pusha "This is my thoughts; this is the reason for everything. People always want to know where I'm coming from in these verses and it's like, 'Man, I'mma tell you my family life, I'mma tell you just how I view everything.'
Produced by Hudson Mohawke and Kanye West "Hold On" is another stand out track    Tracklist Below
1. "King Push"
2. "Numbers On The Board"
3. "Sweet Serenade" f. Chris Brown
4. "Hold On" f. Rick Ross
5. "Suicide" f. Ab-Liva
6. "40 Acres" f. The-Dream
7. "No Regrets" f. Jeezy And Kevin Cossom
8. "Let Me Love You" f. Kelly Rowland
9. "Who I Am" f. 2 Chainz & Big Sean
10. "Nosetalgia" f. Kendrick Lamar
11. "Pain" f. Future
12. "S.N.I.T.C.H." f. Pharrell

No comments:

Post a Comment